The Ellen Trout Zoo is a small zoo initiated by Walter Trout in 1967 and situated in Lufkin, Texas, USA. It is currently owned by the City of Lufkin, including the Friends of Alan Trout Zoo. The zoo receives 150,000 visitors in a year.
The Zoo is recognized by the Association of Zoo and Aquariums (AZA). Ellen Trout Zoo contributes to numerous species survival projects (SSPs), such as Bali Mena, Rhinoceros, and Cotton Top Tamarin.
In addition, recent exhibitions have made the zoo one of the most spectacular small town zoos in the country.
What to Do at Ellen Trout Zoo:
Ellen trout zoo enables the visitors to make their day by offering:
- Tiger lovers can enjoy watching the tiger within its home. They are only one species on exhibit this time.
- Ride on the zoo’s mini train to see the entire park and lake stocked for fishing.
- Adopt a pet from dog and cat adaptation form.
- Pet lost service is also available.
- Attend regular season programs like Zoo brew and Zoo Boo
- Explore the marine life by a stop at the aquarium of the Ellen Trout Zoo.
Ellen Trout Zoo Map:
What Animals are at Ellen Trout Zoo:
Price To enter Ellen Trout Zoo:
The entrance cost is very reasonable:
- Adults = $5
- Children (4 – 11) = $2.5
- Children under 4 = FREE
The Ellen Trout Zoo is open from 9:00 AM to 5 PM every day.