Kentucky is a non-profit Reptile Zoo in Slade, Kentucky, specializing in obtaining venom through poisonous reptiles and venom extraction processes. The toxins are collected for medical research programs as well as for the preparation of anti-serum
Jim Harrison owns the Kentucky Reptile Zoo. The zoo has been featured on Animal Planet, PBS, and the National Geographic Channel.
What to Do at Kentucky Reptile Zoo:
The Kentucky reptile zoo offers:
- Explore the zoo and stop at the reptile exhibits.
- Attend the animal shows, enjoy the awesome reptiles’ activities, and know the fun reptile facts.
- Celebrate your birthday parties in this amazing place.
- Being a part of the community programs and learning how reptiles adapt to their environment.
- To satisfy your cravings, visit the Red River Gorge and Slade.
- Visit the gift shop and make special purchases, including a large wallet, t-shirt, necklace, etc.
Kentucky Reptile Zoo Map:
What Animals are at Kentucky Reptile Zoo:
- Hundred-Pace Viper
- Beautiful Pit Viper
- Black and white spitting cobra
- Black Kingsnake
- Broad-banded Copperhead
- Brown-spotted pit viper
- Coastal Taipan.
- Corn snake
- Desert Horned Viper.
- East African Green Mamba
- Egyptian Saw-scaled Viper
- Blue-tongued skink
- Tegu lizard
- Caiman Lizard
Price To enter Kentucky Reptile Zoo:
The entrance price of the zoo includes:
- Adult = $11.50
- Children (ages 4 -15) = $7.50
- Children 3 and under are FREE!
10% discount for:
- AAA with membership card
- Military with ID
- Senior Citizens
- Police/ Fire/ EMS
- Groups of 10 or more