The Scovill Zoo is located in Decatur, Illinois. It is one of 210 zoos recognized by the Zoo and Aquarium Association, which hosts 96 species and about 500 animals from six continents.
In 1967, the zoo initially started as a farm when the Kiwanis Club donated money to build it. Scovill zoo participates in numerous education and conservation projects. It has its own chapter on AAZK (American Association of Zookeepers).
What to Do at Scovill Zoo:
In the Scovill zoo, you can:
- Feeding penguins is a most entertaining activity for both adults and kids. Also, see the zoo’s indoor holding area, nesting area, and penguin’s building mechanical room.
- Play golf on the beautiful grassy ground
- Get a close look at animals such as lions, tigers, alligators, etc. You have only seen them on your television so far.
- Take a tour of the accessible endangered species carousel of the Scovill Zoo, including 30 hand-carved wooden animals indicating endangered and protected species from around the world.
Scovill Zoo Map:
What Animals are at Scovill Zoo:
- Frog & Toads
- Red Pandas
- Cattle & Goats
Price To enter Scovill Zoo:
The price to enter the Scovill zoo is:
- Adults (ages 13-64) = $7.25
- Seniors (65+) = $8.25
- Children (2-12) = $6.25
- Children under 2 are FREE
While others include:
- Train = $3.50
- FOZ members = $3.00
- Children Under 2 are FREE